BC Land Summit 2014 - Collaborations & Connections
April 15, 2014 | Blog
The 2014 BC Land Summit – Collaborations & Connections – will be an interdisciplinary conference organized by the BC Land Summit Society (BCLSS) whose members all share ties to land and land-use in British Columbia.
Following on the success of the first two BC Land Summit conferences in 2004 and 2009, each of the members of BCLSS has agreed to again hold its annual conference as part of this exciting joint venture in 2014.
Organized through the BC Land Summit Society and with a focus on building stronger relationships between the professions, the 2014 BC Land Summit will again offer opportunities to:
- Learn how other professions view current and emerging land use issues in British Columbia
- Discuss and debate different points of view, and different problem solving methods
- Meet practitioners of other land and land-use related professions
- Hear superior keynote speakers who will stimulate your thinking
- Find out how to develop interdisciplinary opportunities and how to create more productive working relationships
- Learn and develop professional skills, knowledge, innovations and best-practices related to land and land-use
The 2014 BC Land Summit will be held: Wednesday May 14 to Friday 16, 2014, at the Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia. Interestingly the Mayor Gregor Robertson has proclaimed May 14th BC Land Summit Day!
The special thing about the summit is that it happens every 5 years, and in that time so much can change! We are looking forward to hearing from the keynote speakers at this year’s event who include:
- Chris Hadfield – Astronaut & Former Commander of the ISS
- Catherine Murray – Co-Host / Anchor BNN & Former VP Deutsche Bank
- Wade Davis – Anthropologist, Author & Explorer
- Louise Mandell – Queen’s Counsel, Doctor of Laws (hon.)
We feel this is an incredible opportunity for professionals right across the industry to come together to collaborate and connect and work together to keep BC beautiful and help each other to build better structures that will contribute to our economy and environment.
The program will be further organized under four key sub-themes, including:
- Food & Agriculture
- Law & the Land
- The Natural & Built Environment
- Water & the Land
Green Tip of the Week: Now that spring is here why not turn your food and yard waste into compost? By creating a compost you are diverting food waste from the landfill sites and helping the environment by reusing the food waste, and returning it to the soil so that plants can take the nutrients that would have otherwise been wasted.
Weekly Update: Keep it under wraps but InterCoast has just become the distributor for International Leak Detection Membrane Integrity Testing, more information to follow about this exceptional roof and waterproofing product that tests waterproof integrity.
Upcoming Events: BCLSA Green Tie Gala Dinner April 25th commencing at 5pm Four Seasons Hotel, Downtown Vancouver - more details available here...
Click here for additional information on our News & Learning Events or contact InterCoast Building Solutions - the Building Envelope solutions experts for BC, AB and Western Canada