John Riley, BSc (ForEng)
President of InterCoast Building Solutions
John Riley is the founder and president of InterCoast Building Solutions, Western Canada’s largest supplier of green building envelope products. A professional speaker, John shares his insights into green construction with architects, engineers and contractors at “lunch and learns,” seminars and accredited workshops across Canada. He has also spoken at A.I.A. events throughout the United States. With more that 25 years experience in sales, John has also provided keynote speeches and workshops on sales training and customer service to major conferences across the country.
John received his Bachelor of Science in Forestry Engineering from Lakehead University in Ontario and Certified Professional Representative designation from Arizona State University’s renowned W.P. Carey School of Business.
From his undergraduate work comes a life-long commitment to sustainability, environmental responsibility and green building. John’s success-oriented attitude, positivity, and unwavering focus on the environment, have earned him the respect of major North American corporations including W.R. Grace, Xerox, and Fiberglass Canada Intertek Testing Services.
Additionally, John is an active member of many industry organizations including the Alberta Building Envelope Council, the BC Building Envelope Council and Construction Specifications Canada, Canadian Professional Sales Association, and Manufacturers Agents of North America.
The product lines John currently represents include:
- BASF WALLTITE & ENERTITE Spray Foam Polyurethane Insulation
- Carl Stahl DecorCable Green Wall Cable Systems
- Columbia Green Technologies Green Roof Systems
- Curv-Rite Landscape Edging
- Etera Sedum Tile Systems
- Evergreen Living Green Wall Systems
- Sempergreen Vegetation Blankets and Sedum Carpet Systems
- SRP Canada Permeable Air Barrier Systems
- TechCrete Concrete Faced Insulating Wall & Roof Panels (CFI, SRI & CTI)
- Ten Plus Architectural Products - Architectural Louvers, Vision Screens, Sunshades & Custom Metal Fabrications
John resides in Surrey, British Columbia with his wife Annette, where he is an involved member of his community.