Work With InterCoast Building Solutions, Vancouver BC
InterCoast Building Solutions is currently Hiring for:
Senior Architectural Sales Associate
Do you know the construction industry inside and out? Are you experienced, persistent, ambitious and self-motivated? Do you have some manufacturers already in your portfolio that would mesh well with our current product ranges? We’re looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, dynamic and results-orientated senior sales professional to join our close-knit team with a view to future career development into a senior management role and potentially more for the right person.
The role of this position is to secure product position on architectural projects that will drive sales in the Western Canada Construction segment. As a Senior Architectural Sales Representative with InterCoast, you’ll promote our brands, and our innovative, proven, sustainable solutions enthusiastically to the construction and building industries. You’ll acquire and possess thorough knowledge of the company product portfolio, alternative products and systems, and will have a keen interest in learning more each day.
The successful candidate will attain objectives by identifying, managing and securing specification position on key construction projects in an assigned geographical area. This will be achieved by managing the territory, developing and building relationships with Architects, designers, consultants, landscapers, developers and government officials to consistently strengthen product recognition and enhance InterCoast market position – as well as identify new market opportunities.
To achieve this, working with the assistance of the Sales Manager, you will:
- Maintain positive existing working relationships with architects, specification writers, consulting engineers, project managers and other industry professionals.
- Find and develop new working relationships with architects, specification writers, consulting engineers, project managers and other industry professionals.
- Coordinate and cooperate with all in-house departments to ensure customer satisfaction and product performance.
- Periodically visit job sites and travel throughout Western Canada in a structured and productive manner.
- Attend and/or participate in annual trade shows, seminars, workshops and “lunch ’n’ learns” events.
- Participate and maintain memberships in appropriate industry organizations and interested groups.
- Recognize industry trends, concerns or changing legislation that may affect us or our clients and suppliers.
- Work closely with partners and suppliers to ensure efficient communication.
- Work closely with the marketing communications manager.
- Be available for various internal meetings and events.
- Postsecondary education with a degree and/or EIT
- Experience working with commercial architects, and senior level personnel in construction projects.
- At least 3 years of experience promoting commercial building products to architects and other buying influences.
- 5-7 years established record especially in the Architectural community.
- Have some existing and complimentary product ranges to bring to the table.
- The ideal candidate will preferably have a professional designation.
- Ability to analyze and pursue new customer market segment opportunities.
- Advanced computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Familiarity with key business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals at acceptable levels of profitability.
- Ability to analyze and attack competitors subtly by promoting a complimentary Building & Construction Systems bundle of products whenever possible.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications with the goal of comparing available products to meet those design concepts.
Industry: Construction Products
Job Title: Senior Architectural Sales Representative with prospects for development
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Job Functions: Sales, Business Developement, Stratgey & Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position we would love to hear from you.
Send us a cover letter and resume to info @ intercoastbuildingsolutions.com
For additional information on the Opportunities with InterCoast Building Solutions and our Green Building Envelope Architectural Products, contact InterCoast Building Solutions - the Building Envelope solutions experts for BC, AB and Western Canada